The Google Panda and Penguin algorithm updates continue to wreak havoc in the realm of search engine optimisation. Particularly at risks are those sites that have…
Poor quality content
- A high bounce rate (visitors take an instant dislike and return to the search results)
- Poor quality and spammy inward links
However, some of us are doing quite well under the new Google regime. Why is that? The reason is that the algorithm updates are separating out the good from the bad so, if you’re good, it’s easier to stay ahead. All of my clients sites are doing better in rankings, visitors and conversions as Google continues to improve its algorithms.
So, what do you need to do to stay ahead in the SEO race? It’s quite simple really.
Your website must have good quality and relevant (to the search keywords) content that engages the visitors and gives them what they were searching for. If you haven’t got this then it’s really not worth bothering about anything else – you will fail!
- You should develop good quality listings in the key online business directories. You only need to focus on the top 10 – 20 in your area. In particular, you should claim and optimise your Google+ business profile.
- For good inward links work out where your customers are visiting and put up articles and other stuff there which will encourage them to visit your site. This will not only give you some good inward links but, if you do a good job, referral visitors as well.
- Build up your social media presence and link these to your website.
It’s all easy really. So why isn’t it working for your website? Perhaps you need a good digital marketing consultant! If so, please call me on 0118 335 0401 or email me at email@example.com and I’ll make the web work for you.